System Engineer – Bern, Switzerland
We are looking for an
Electrical Engineer (BSc/MSc) as a
System Engineer (m/f) – RFID Systems
for our Vilant Systems AG office in Bern, Switzerland
Job description / Your tasks
Do you have IT skills with a customer service mindset? Do you want to work in an international environment? Do you like learning new things fast? If you answered yes to any of these questions, a successful career may be waiting for you at our Engineering team.
As a System Engineer you will work in a team responsible for RFID system deliveries and technical support for our customers. You are a key resource in the implementation of their RFID solutions, including both hardware and software components, and perform hands-on tests to validate customer proof-of-concept setups. Tasks also include software/system testing and installations/maintenance visits onsite to customer locations.
We have multiple openings and can cater positions for juniors and seniors – what matters is the right attitude.
The position is full time.
Qualifications / Your profile
- Business German and business English
- Friendly and fluent work and communication with customers in project assignment
- Interest in planning, development and optimization of RFID systems as a part of a project team consisting of a project manager, software developers as well as test- and support engineers
- Interest in installations and launches of RFID systems at customer premises
- Interest in in-house and field testing (factory & site acceptance testing)
- Capability for documentation, user manuals and end customer trainings
- Interest in a subset of our specialist areas
- IT networks, databases and client-server software environments
- Embedded software and embedded Linux/Unix systems
- C/C++ (depending on your skillset software development is a possible field or work)
- Python (depending on your skillset developing and conducting script based system tests is a possible field of work)
- High frequency technology, especially RFID technology
- Electrical engineering, sensors
- Problem solving skills and willingness to learn new things
- Drivers license
- Ability and willingness to travel and high level of autonomy in working
- Customer service mindset with good communication skills
What we offer / What you can expect
- Experience in exciting and international projects
- Relaxed atmosphere of a small but international company
- Dynamic team in Bern with support of whole Vilant personnel in all countries
- A position in which you see what you have created and can be proud of it
- Enough challenges and responsibilities to match your skills and capabilities
- Good opportunities for personal and career development as the company keeps growing
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working hours and home-office based work where beneficial and applicable
Please send your application, salary request and CV, or any questions you might have, to email@example.com. Interviews will be held continuously so please register your application as soon as possible.